Bidding fee auction
How it works
- Auctionair, an auction based web site that charges bidding fees. Has both High and Low Bid auctions.
- Dollar auction, a game theory experiment similar to penny auctions
- Swoopo, a defunct web site which charged bidding fees
- Unique bid auction, another auction style in which bidders pay for entry and ending prices are very low
- ^ Penny auction site MadBid secures £4m funding from Atomico Ventures
- ^ http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001196.html
- ^ Gimein, Mark (2009-07-12). "The Big Money: The Pennies Add Up at Swoopo.com". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ^ http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001261.html
- ^ http://technologizer.com/2008/09/17/is-swoopo-nothing-more-than-a-well-designed-gimmick/
- ^ An iPad for $2.82, or illegal gambling?
- ^ BBB Names Top Ten Scams of 2011
- ^ PennyAuctionWatch article on Pennybiddr
- ^ Most online penny auctions just don't make any sense
- ^ Craigslist users fight surprise $89 charges from penny auction site